Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Rainbow Cupcakes

Hey there food lovers :)


Today I did something special with some of my very good friends! We made rainbow cupcakes today!! I love making cake with or for people. Just sharing food in general really is a wonderful thing. Its what I love most about cooking, even though I don't eat a lot of things especially cakes and sugary stuff. I love that when I do make these things it makes a lot of people really happy :) 





I've used a packet mix but you can use a Vanilla Cake recipe so I have provided one for you :) When a cake is this easy to make you definitely don't need a cake mix it just saves some time, this vanilla cake is simple and easy to remember so you can whip it up really quickly. And in today's case we have decided to make Rainbow muffins so you'll need a lot of bowls or in-between baking separate colours you can wash just the one bowl :)
              • 2 cups sugar, 4 eggs, 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour,1 cup milk, 3/4 cup vegetable oil, 2-1/4 teaspoons baking powder, 1 teaspoon vanilla essence, Food colourings.
Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Grease the muffin tray.

In a large mixing bowl beat sugar and eggs together until slightly thickened, Add flour, milk, oil, baking powder and vanilla and beat just until the batter is smooth and creamy.
 
Pour batter into 6 different bowls evenly and add different food colours until you get the colour you want in each bowl. 

Put 2 teaspoons of a colour in each muffin area and bake for 10 mins (you should be able to touch the tops of them and have them spring back into place nicely :)) 

Do this until you run out of cake mix.

Use your artistic judgement to cut the coloured muffins into thin slices. It really differs from person to person I usually cut them into thirds or cut the top just where it starts to round and then wherever I feel like it :)
To make icing you mix milk and vanilla essence and icing sugar. No measurements just until it is thick. You need a lot of it as it goes between each slice of coloured cake! 

Now here's the creative part. You get this Fondant Icing. I don't know how to make it properly but you can get it at any supermarket. Roll it out till it's about 2mm  and cover each cake to make them look pretty. You can make them look like what ever you want. Sky's the limit. In our case we did Dramatic masks, Love hearts, Flowers, Bows, a Sunset with clouds, Holly, a Pokeball and Julia Gillard.

Everyone who had some today really liked them so I'm sure you will too. It takes a while to make so these are perfect when you have some friends over to help you out :) I did and I had a fabulous day!






That's it for now!
See you next time :)
Mish xo xo 






No comments:

Post a Comment